29 September 2011

Easily embarrassed? - people will trust you more

Since my youth I've been embarrassed by being embarrassed. Partly it's being a redhead; blushing comes easily. And in the last few years it seems to have got worse. However, there seems to be a silver lining in that cloud.
people who are easily embarrassed are also more trustworthy, and more generous.
The reason, the research seems to indicate is simply, and probably unsurprisingly, that
embarrassment signals people's tendency to be pro-social,
I will console myself with that thought the next time I feel myself reddening for some minor error of judgement or whatever.
Easily embarrassed? Study finds people will trust you more:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...