11 September 2011

New beatitudes?

I liked this article, but I felt it calling to me in a different format ...

Blessed are the good listeners for they will learn the fulness of God's ways.
Blessed are the different, for they will awaken us to our smallness and draw us to grow.
Blessed are the lovers of justice, for they will feel God's heartbeat.
Blessed are those who are compassionate of heart for they will undermine complacency.
Blessed are the lovers of truth, for they will see God's fingerprints.
Blessed are those who defend the future, for the earth will inherit their love-labour.
Blessed are the women, for they will reconfigure the context.
Blessed are the spiritually sensitive, for they will enliven us to God's creative aheadways.

Now, I missed out the global business experts not because I didn't relish the counter-culturality of seeing them as potential agents of God (at least in the circles I tend to inhabit), but because I think that those of them that merit being called blessed will be so because the other characteristics apply.
So, in the spirit of the proper and original beatitudes ...
Blessed are you when people revile your efforts to make the intuitions and priorities of the Highest Power into practical business and culturally embedded, for great is your reward in the lives of God's beloved now and in the Age to Come.
TheOOZE beta | evolving spirituality. � Calling Open Minds: The Kingdom of God Needs You (by Dr. Bradley Duncan):

1 comment:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...