23 March 2012

Churches that embrace Santorum, Gingrich drive youth away

 I think I see something of this in GB too. I keep bumping into young people who seem to think that the USAmerican so-called Christian right own Christianity. It's one of the reasons I and others consider dsavowing the label 'Christian' -it too easily connotes in some circles "reactionary, heartless, gun-toting, aggressive, insensitive".
 “In effect, Americans (especially young Americans) who might otherwise attend religious services are saying, ‘Well, if religion is just about conservative politics, then I’m outta here"
We really need to be showing alternative models big-time if this isn't true. Otherwise the church in the West deserves to die for it has apostasized. You see, it's not the problem that the Church is seen to be be involved in politics, it is that it so manifestly does not embody the character of Christ if it is closely associated with the shrill, unloving, violent agenda that all but the rightest see in this conservative politics.
Super Tuesday: Churches that embrace Santorum, Gingrich drive youth away - CSMonitor.com:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...