06 June 2012

Two faced by the sun

I've been avoiding the sun for about 15 years now: fair skin and a tendency to burn easily plus celtic ancestry make me a prime candidate for some kind of -noma. So it's with a sense of 'Boy I'm glad I'm doing this' that I view this picture

Check out the backstory -but that's not a made-up face; it's a real person. One face, but two sides of a story | Society | The Guardian:
The left-hand side of the 66-year-old's face is deeply lined, pitted and sagging after 28 years of sun exposure through the side window of his lorry. The right-hand side, shaded by the cab as McElligott delivered milk around Chicago, is the taut, unblemished face of an apparently much younger man.
And apparently people who drive with their hands in the sun should also be wary ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...