30 November 2017

App map vs paper map

Now I quite like app maps for some things: they can map out a route more quickly and help you to follow it and they don't tend to blow away in the wind. I'm a bit of a technophile and generally defend e-versions of 'apps'. So I will tell others why I don't do paper diaries and why I prefer e-books on the whole (even while quite agreeing that new books often smell nice).



But I do have to say that I am more evenly balanced about the merits and demerits of app-maps and paper maps. For the reasons set out in this article (see end of post), I do tend still to use paper maps: I tend to like to have a better sense of orientation that the paper versions give -not least because I see more in peripheral vision. The other thing is that the battery life of the paper version is rarely in doubt!



Why I always travel with a paper map in hand : TreeHugger:



'via Blog this'

No comments:

A review: One With The Father

I'm a bit of a fan of medieval mysteries especially where there are monastic and religious dimensions to them. That's what drew me t...