21 April 2004

Ordering in foreign

As part of my research on corporateness in humanity I've been following up a bit on Girard mimesis and James Alison [see books I'm reading] and ... well, this is my order with FNAC
Un Mime nommé désir -- Jean-Michel Oughourlian
Des choses cachées depuis la fondation du monde -- René Girard

I could have read them in English but I thought, 'What? I speak French and Spanish -why am I reading translations?' But finding French books on Amazon doesn't work too well. These are cheaper and more available.

I've also ordered a Spanish theology book on the basis that James Alison seemed to reference it a lot ... isn't the internet wonderful?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...