13 May 2004

I think I'm a liberal


... at least by the definition that Dave Batstone's correspondant in this article goes by. It appears that one of Britain's exports to the USA has come back to bite us. Dispensationalism was invented by the founders of the Plymouth Bretheren back in Victorian times [or was it a bit before?]. Never really made it big here but in the USA it's huge. It would appear that I must be a liberal Christian by this definition -although I take my usually fairly progressive social views from a fairly 'straight' reading of the Bible. You see, my mistake -apparently- is not using the OT more to inform my politics and social views. Thing is that this dispenstionalism is a heaviweight factor in the USA in some political motivations ...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...