13 May 2004

We need to hear this too

Regular readers will know that I'm quite prepared to criticise Islam if I think that there is a fair point in doing so. This also means, I think, that I should give credit where it is due and this article is a balance: many of us were shocked by the beheading od that man in Iraq on camera. I certainly couldn't understand how it could be justified morally in Islamic terms -well it can't and here's Hezbollah saying so.

And Iraqis doing so, and also Al Azhar scholars [that's like the Islamic Vatican].

Oh take some time to read the sidebar articles on the right of those pages; it's important to Muslims to know how Muhammed did things -that guides their atttitude and practice [it's 'sunna' -tradition based on the Prophet of Islam's actions and sayings -related to the word sunni, as it happens].

Pbuh stands for "Peace be upon Him" and is the practice not so much of honouring a prophet but of seeking blessing by praying for that prophet's blessing -so don't feel you are offending if you don't do it -only do it if you think that God is going to bless you for blessing a prophet ....

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...