28 June 2004

naturally decaffeinated coffee

I'm afraid that the link goes to a Spanish article becasue I've not yet found it in English-speaking press. For the first timein ages I bought a copy of El Pais and this article was on the back. Basically, a new variety of coffee bean has been discovered which has practically no caffeine in it [apparently attempts to engineer this have not managed significant reductions in caffeine]. It has a good falvour too, we're told. So good news for those who like coffee but not caffeine and are also worried about some of the processes of decaffeination. Good news too for coffee-loving post-menopausal women worried about the effect of caffeine on making bones more brittle still.

PS just discovered an English language article: Enjoy!

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...