27 June 2004

Weekend in Durham


Just got back from spending the weekend in Durham which, given that it's about 12 days before we move there, seemed like a good idea. Tracy is doing a course on media and so it was a good opportunity for us to check out the house. I love the location, it's about 2km north of Durham city centre and we can walk from the housing estate we will be living on through woodland and fields right into the heart of the city -I had forgotten how much sometimes my city soul needs to let my childhood brought-up-in-Shropshire-countryside soul out from time to time. So I've decided that potentially I could really enjoy a regular walk into and out of the city via the countryside trail.

2 comments:

maggi said...

durham is such a beautiful city. I hope for happy times for you

Andii said...

Thanks Maggi. It is indeed beautiful, and as I indicate, I particularly like the way that from where we will be living it is easy to walk into the city very nearly to the centre in open fields and woodland along the riverside in a little green wedge. I think I could picture being reasonably happy here. Maybe we'll be reluctant to leave after the 2 years of Tracy's training?

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...