14 August 2004

Post rate down because...

I've just pretty much gone wholly linux
and I've been tweaking the system and learning about what the capabilities are and how to install stuff as well as making sure that Firefox the browser and Thunderbird the emailer are happy on my system which they are. Though I'm interested to note how much more there is available for windows users compared with Linux users by way of extra features in these programmes. I'm missing being able to save my tabbed browsing sessions. I must suggest to the development community that they come up with and extension for Firefox to deal with that.

Oh, and an intersting fact. You dear reader are almost certainly a Linux user. "But I use windows". Indeed you do -on the desktop- but if you have ever Googled you became a linux user; Google use linux for their servers. In fact it is hard to use the internet at all without being an open source user since well over half of servers are unix/linux or similar [Solaris etc].

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...