30 August 2004

Reflection on broken rhythms

We've recently moved and in a brief spiritual audit I became aware that it has played havoc with my rhythm of prayer such that my structured/focused prayer times have become sporadic and I have felt backgroundedly guilty about that. Now I would probably have a perspective -if I was someone coming to me for SD- that I shouldn't beat myself up too much in a time of major lifestyle upheaval about this but simply ask if there was enough settling of dust yet to begin to work on reconstruction. Okay: fair comment.



However, I've also becme aware that there is a task to be done before or at least alongside this: what have I learnt from this? Being out of rhythm can throw up the opportunity to discover things about where and how God has met with me that I might not have noticed when in the the rhythm of prayer. So I am asking myself this question now; especially as it is too early to say that a regular rhythm of life has resuemed. Perhaps in the next week or two something of that will occur as holidays end and the kids go back into education. But in the meantime it is time to take stock of wwhat has actually been happening and what I can learn from it. More later, perhaps.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...