15 August 2004

Saudi embassy urges boycott of UK universities

I've just written a report for a church to help them decide how they should go forward in their ministry to international students [Wa-hey! My first fee as an independent!]. One of the things I had to point out was the tenedency for universities to treat international students as cash cows. Now it's not universal but some of the stories in this article could make you weep. I was saying in the report that there is potential for churches to be involved in practical support of international students. I also think that we may earn the right and acquire the duty of advocacy. It's a role for chaplaincy which I had been beginning to develop.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...