28 September 2004

23 October NOT 6000 anniversary of creation


A little while back, in June, I blogged about the realisation that if Ussher had been right and creation took place on 23 October 4004 BC, then the 6000 anniversary was this year. What I didn't recall until my friend Gavin Wakefield [once a mathematician, now a missiologist and deputy warden at Cranmer Hall] pointed it out yesterday, was that the date is in effect a negative number so in fact this year would be the 6,008th year anniversary -which makes the idea of a service for it rather less exciting. We should have done it in 1996.

When I revisited Andrew's blog over at Tall Skinny Kiwi which was the original source of my info, I discovered that someone had already left a comment to that effect ... that'll teach me not to check the feedback more often! And Maggi, you told Andrew but not me, I'm disappointed.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...