08 September 2004

There is an alternative

Guardian Unlimited | Guardian daily comment | Interesting article by George Monbiot about the prospects for nuclear power. I would really like to see further comment in the light of this article which I picked up on TheGreening.
Essentially the question is whether or not the Chinese emthod mitigates the objections to nuke power enough. The threats of meltdwon and contamination through gas release are considerably lower but the disposal of spent fuel and the transportation and security of fuel and the environmental impacts of mining uranium need further comment. If anyone tracks down further info I'd be happy to see it.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...