18 October 2004

Jam Cell Calls

Wired News: Word From on High:
I wonder how people feel about this. I find a mobile phone useful but I do tend to forget I have it with me and on a couple of occasions have been embarrassed to be reminded of its presence with me by the arricval of a text or call in circumstances I'd have preferred not to be interrupted. Usually I appreciate the call at the start of an event to switch off or silence mobiles and do so. Does this become part of our liturgy>
"The Lord be with you
R and also with you.
Please turn off your mobile phones
R and also your own!
..."


But this technology could make that liturgical development obsolete befre it got onto the page.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...