13 October 2004

Pastoring for spiritual formation


Steve at emergent kiwi is starting to get me thinking that pastoring a church could be something I could get back into after all after my recent experiences and disillusionment with it all and my ongoing questions about whether propping up the iunstitutional church in its present form is actually helping, really.

It's that posts like the one referenced here and other hints at what' he's doing make me say to myself: "Actually I would like to have a go". Mark Pearson is another who similarly inspires me. I'm seriously thinking of putting an ad in the church press sometime: "Clergybeing in search of church: must be looking for hurch life full of experiment, creativity, artistry, including in decision-making. Willing to consider make-or-break situation in urban area. Part-time considered.". So what holds me back -well just now I need to be where I am to support my wife and children where they are ... but in a couple of years .... ? But then I have a few ideas to explore hereabouts too. Hmmmmmmm

No comments:

Review: Undoing Conquest

 I'm doing a good bit of thinking lately about decolonisation and also about the Hebrew scriptures -among which is how to understand and...