11 November 2004

Don't panic!

Dylan's lectionary blog:
In the light of what I blogged a few short hours ago about the end of the world as we know it, it was a word in season to read Dylan write: "
... in the face of human destruction. Don't panic about wars and rumors of wars. Don't panic when the sky itself shows troublesome portents."

It doesn't, of course, take away the need to think about such things and to try to take responsible action [for God will surely ask of us what we did knwing that things were as they were] but it does helpfully relativise it. The lamb wins by redemptive sovereignty not by might or naked power; at least that is the message of Revelation as I see it.

My post-apocalyptic picture includes taking a leaf out of the book of the Celtic and Anglo-Saxon churches in Britian; establishing colonies of justice and compassion and learning amidst the wars rumours of wars, grred and naked ambition around them ... My next issue is how do I prepare my children to prepare their children?

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...