16 December 2004

I'm a bad christian

But you'd have to be a right-wing USAmerican reading the bible through a particular ideology to agree ... So I discover this site of fellow 'bad Christians' whose only crime, like me, is to realise that the Bible doesn't actually support the fundamentalist right. To take the test you have to go through a registration process which presupposes being USAmerican, so I had to decide that I was a Virginian [well, I've lived in Virginia for a few weeks] and then I found that quite a lot of constitutional issue I din't have much opinion about, unsurprisingly. Still a bit of fun for spotting a bias in questionnaire design! What I find amusing is how some of my answers are 'incorrect' -I think that the designers may need to question some of their assumptions against what scripture might really say. Have a look at my results [if they are accessible].
SOme of the questions are just potty "George W. Bush is the President of the United States of America" easy points to be picked up but, well, I couldn't be bothered to strongly agree, I wanted a response that said 'And your point is ..?' And a lot of the questions were, well, kind of not really the point or somehow starting in the wrong place for me, so I did the wishy-washy thing and tended to agree or disagree a lot, because there were other things that might be said. Life begins at conception? Well yes, and then what is the point of that statement -especially as the writers are clearly aiming to end it later on if you are really bad -or just happen to be an enemy of the state at the time? And it doesn't deal with the issue of hominisation anyway. In fact I think life begins before conception ... ?
Fun ...
a badchristian blog... - how to tell if you're a bad christian

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...