03 January 2005

My most interesting Christmas gift

I was given ten chickens this Christmas, I have the picture but a family in the two-thirds world is looking after them and benefit from them. I'm going to call them things like 'Supreme', 'Korma', 'Chasseur' 'The Colonel' and so on. What I found good though was the fact that I have been talking about this gift when people have asked me about what I got fro Christmas. SO thanks to my benefactors who knew me well enough to know that this would be a good gift.

"The Oxfam initiaitive provides novel ways to solve the usual Christmas present dilemma. As well as goats (�25 each) and chickens (�10 for a brood of 10), more than 641,950 tree seedlings have also been purchased.
The purchaser's friend, relative or colleague receives a card and voucher describing the item, "

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...