I wonder how this will go down: I have a friend who is a RC priest who smokes, I must ask him about it. Anyway the juicy bits of this are:
"The article in an authoritative Roman Catholic publication, prepared with the knowledge and endorsement of the Pope's most senior aides, declares that smokers cannot damage their own health and that of others 'without moral responsibility'.
The article stops short of branding smoking a sin. But its author says that lighting up is 'not neutral either in social or indeed moral terms'.
So will we see RC's picketting tobacco producers and cigarette factories? Maybe, but I think that smoming seems to have a big bond with RC's in my observation the Christians most likely to are RC ....
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Attack on smoking gets papal blessing
"
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment