06 January 2005

TVoIP

I've been thinking quite a lot lately because it genuinely seems to me that TV shows over the internet are now possible and must surely be only round the corner -could 2005 be the year when it begins? Well here's a brief article with some opinion. "'Blogs reduced the newspaper to the post. In TV, it'll go from the network to the show,' says Jeff Jarvis, president of the Internet strategy company Advance.net and founder of Entertainment Weekly."

The interesting thing for the GB and similar is how the TV license fee gets applied; If I understand it correctly, currently we pay our £120 pa or whatever for the right to receive broadcasts. What happens when we no longer do so but choose to watch MPEG's dwnloaded from anywhere in the world? Where's the BBC going to get it's revenue? I must check out what their five year plan says, sometime... Or will the internet be taxed in GB? is this even on their radars?
Marginal Revolution: The future of on-line television

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...