20 April 2005

Plan to vary congestion charge levies

The London [and Durham, it should be said] congestion charge is a big success. Of course there are difficulties with effects on central businesses but overall it seems to be a good thing. Certaily I enjoyed my lsat trip to London far more as a result of clearer roads -and I'm a pedestrian. What I wanted us to notice in this article though is that shape of the new developments about to be teted and the futire impact. "'This is a stepping stone towards developing a distance-based charging scheme not only in London but across the UK.'"

So maybe not a carbon tax but a fairly effective pay-as-you-go road tax. Let's the arilines off, though.

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Plan to vary congestion charge levies:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...