05 May 2005

Precarity

I've been thinkng quite a lot lately about this, though until this morning I didn't have this label. Not being in work, having no house of our own, being linked with an institution in financial straights and looking at a world where oil production is about to go into decline and climate change could make migration a big issue and food scarcer ... need I go on? Basically I'm concenred about the collapse or partial-collapse of civilisation and that I have little to sustain me and my family. So I have to be interested in this... "precarity activists are building sophisticated networks of squats and collective housing co-ops, independent production and distribution networks, and worker-run factories. It's all a means of protecting against the volatility and uncertainty of the system around them"
No doubt I will blog more on it if and as I find out more.
Big Ideas: Precarity - Battle of the Mind:

1 comment:

Atomboy said...

Try reading Precarity and n/european Identity: an interview with Alex Foti (Chainworkers) and enter the amazing world of Ya Basta and the Wombles, critiquing precarity everywhere.

Love

atom
x

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...