A recent survey of British children gave me a pleasant surprise. "They also identify Jesus as the figure who most represents what it means to be a 'superhero', followed closely by Florence Nightingale and David Beckham. Asked what makes a superhero, 92 per cent say he or she would 'stop bad things happening', 91 per cent say a superhero 'is generally a good guy', and 90 per cent say they would 'tell the truth'.
Probably a testament to having religion on the national curriculum, it reminded me of a report I thought I recalled a while back of something similar where Jesus didn't figure. The Torygraph article has little real detail and no reference such as would direct the curious to the survey, so it is hard to know enough to comment more. I'd like to know things llike the questions, the sample, the actual stats ...
Telegraph | News | Jesus joins Beckham as youth 'superhero':"
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment