06 June 2005

Shout to the Lord (Angry)

I have said before that I think we need to learn how to express uncomfortable emotions within a community of worship and so I want to give a cheer to this. I like the way faith and questioning are combined. This isn't the railing of an angry skeptic but the honest pain of a commited believer. Thanks Marcus for sharing it.
"Shout to the Lord (Angry)
(Lyrics: Marcus Curnow 2005)

Why Jesus? Why favour
Those who do not like you?
All of my years I cry bitter tears
I wonder where’s your mighty love?

No comfort, No shelter
Where is the refuge and strength?
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to question You

Shout to/(at) the Lord
All the Earth, let us bring
Powerlessness, tragedy
Rail at the King
Mountains fall down
And the seas will roar
Hear the sound of the pain

I long to see the work
Of your hand
Forever I’ll seek you
Seek to understand
Nothing to hold
But the promise I have
In you"
Marcus Curnow: Shout to the Lord (Angry):

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...