06 August 2005

Feast of the Transfiguration

I managed to wake up early enough to get down to the cathedral eucharist; the Transfiguration is my favourite feast. It's a shame that it occurs in the middle of the holiday season in the northern hemisphere and doesn't get the attetion it deserves theologically or corporately. I wonder if it could fare better in the southern hemisphere? I think I'd be tempted to try to make it a proper winter festival if I was downunder ...

Here's a bit from the Lord's prayer office liturgy I wrote for today:-
"In the stories and hopes of Moses and Elijah, we glimpse a world transfigured, we ask for transfigurations of here-and-now realities into anticipations of the new heaven and new earth. ...
Your kingdom come
your will be done on earth as in heaven.

Give us wisdom to share sensitively with all people the good news that all may behold your glory in the face of Jesus Christ. ...
Your kingdom come
your will be done on earth as in heaven."

abbeynous.schtuff.com - Transfiguration:[:liturgy:]

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...