I managed to wake up early enough to get down to the cathedral eucharist; the Transfiguration is my favourite feast. It's a shame that it occurs in the middle of the holiday season in the northern hemisphere and doesn't get the attetion it deserves theologically or corporately. I wonder if it could fare better in the southern hemisphere? I think I'd be tempted to try to make it a proper winter festival if I was downunder ...
Here's a bit from the Lord's prayer office liturgy I wrote for today:-
"In the stories and hopes of Moses and Elijah, we glimpse a world transfigured, we ask for transfigurations of here-and-now realities into anticipations of the new heaven and new earth. ...
Your kingdom come
your will be done on earth as in heaven.
Give us wisdom to share sensitively with all people the good news that all may behold your glory in the face of Jesus Christ. ...
Your kingdom come
your will be done on earth as in heaven."
abbeynous.schtuff.com - Transfiguration:[:liturgy:]
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment