When I was a 'recently-converted' Christian, there was a lot of concern in the evangelical circles I was in touch with about the persecution of Christians in Communist states. Fair enough. What I now realise is that the knds of things that these articles are drawing to our attention were also going on and more; Coptic Christians in Egypt, difficulties for Christians in Turkey, Algeria, Sudan, etc. But these countries were our allies ... see where I'm going? That's not to say that we should not be challenging Muslim majority societies to be true to their own claims of tolerance (okay, let's not be too picky about dhimmi status for the time being), but let's not do so mainly because those societies are in the line of sight of public opinion.
[object HTMLFormElement]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/09/wmid09.xml
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment