10 September 2005

Fashionably persecuted Christians

When I was a 'recently-converted' Christian, there was a lot of concern in the evangelical circles I was in touch with about the persecution of Christians in Communist states. Fair enough. What I now realise is that the knds of things that these articles are drawing to our attention were also going on and more; Coptic Christians in Egypt, difficulties for Christians in Turkey, Algeria, Sudan, etc. But these countries were our allies ... see where I'm going? That's not to say that we should not be challenging Muslim majority societies to be true to their own claims of tolerance (okay, let's not be too picky about dhimmi status for the time being), but let's not do so mainly because those societies are in the line of sight of public opinion.
[object HTMLFormElement]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/09/wmid09.xml

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...