I preferred the more provocative alternative title to this article. It's the counterpoint to what I wrote a few days ago about what's happening in France. There the point was made that the most fundy jihadists were not acting in favour of the unrest; rather it gets in the way of their agenda. Here we have another view. I'm rather more convinced by the earlier than Mr Pipes in this case. However, there is enough in it to be disturbing and I wouldn't want to entirely dismiss his argument. I do think though that the veneer of Islam is what is seen here; there are reports of the protagonists being into protection rackets and drugs too ...
Reflections on the Revolution in France* - article by Daniel Pipes
On Del.icio.us: Islam, France, jihadis, intifada, Europe
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
No comments:
Post a Comment