16 November 2005

Reflections on the Intifada in France

I preferred the more provocative alternative title to this article. It's the counterpoint to what I wrote a few days ago about what's happening in France. There the point was made that the most fundy jihadists were not acting in favour of the unrest; rather it gets in the way of their agenda. Here we have another view. I'm rather more convinced by the earlier than Mr Pipes in this case. However, there is enough in it to be disturbing and I wouldn't want to entirely dismiss his argument. I do think though that the veneer of Islam is what is seen here; there are reports of the protagonists being into protection rackets and drugs too ...
Reflections on the Revolution in France* - article by Daniel Pipes
On Del.icio.us: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...