A little while back we were told that in certain conditions temperate forests don't soak up CO2 at all but can end up returning it to the atmosphere. Now it seems that in a way yet to be understood, forests release methane which is a more powerful greenhouse effect driver though short lived and not being emitted in such quantities that it might not still make sense to continue tree planting in the tropics at any rate to mitigate CO2 by-production. However it is an illustration that most of what we do for climat change is a cost-benefit analysis in the end.
Guardian Unlimited | Science | Global warming: blame the forests
Filed in: science, environment, global_warming, trees, methane
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment