03 July 2006

Alcohol deaths soaring, GenY in danger

A little while back I flagged up a report on GenY and attitudes to the meaning of life and then added a few questions that I have and hope to see addressed as I read the report. Well this article adds even more questions for me.
binge drinking was most prevalent among young people, with 33% of men and 24% of women aged 16- 24 drinking more than double the recommended number of units on one day in the previous week.
This is precisely the age demographic the report deals with and probably mostly includes the 'included' youngsters the report deals with ... is binge drinking really a sign of well-adjusted meaning-filled people? That's not sarcastic or rhetorical but a genuine question.
I'll be reporting back when I've read the report, which I've recently started.
SocietyGuardian.co.uk | Society | Alcohol deaths soaring, new figures show:
Filed in: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...