02 August 2006

All the world's a stage - especially classrooms

This is interesting to me because I'm going to train as a teacher in September and because, on reflection, I'm surprised it's not on the training curriculum already for teachers. Even clergy, who actually speak publically far less, have some kind of voice production training [cursory though it may be]. I actually found that the best training I got was doing a stint in local radio; it taught me to use pitch and pace more effectively and got me used to doing so in a public sort of way. A former colleague of mine who is an actor said that acting is learning how to be yourself in public, and I think there is a lot of truth in that; it's learning how to do what we do naturally in unnatural circumstances.

EducationGuardian.co.uk | News crumb | All the world's a stage - especially classrooms, says school union
Filed in: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...