23 September 2006

Howto switch from Linux to Windows - a users experience

Feeling vaguely chuffed for having extended my university information services account to include a linux log in, so I can work on my Open Office stuff without turning them into M$ office stuff until I'm done, and perhaps not even then, I was gently amused by this 'what-if' /alternative history story.... Including these remarks.
You don’t want to know what defragmentation is (there’s no need for it on a linux box), I won’t speak about the lousy terminal called “command” and why you should never ever open email attachments with Outlook Express.

After the system crashed when I wanted to burn a CD with the skinny burning tool included and at the same time do some spreadsheet analysis with Microsoft’s miserable OpenOffice alternative called “Office XP” that cost me another € 119 (I got it a bit cheaper because I’m a student) I put everything back into the nice green box and took it back to my trader. At the same day I installed Linux again giving a review on a half-baked, single-user operating system called Windows XP that may be ready for desktop use in about five years. Until then I enjoy freedom with BSD, OpenSolaris and Linux.

Matthias Endler � Howto switch from Linux to Windows - a users experience:
Filed in: , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...