23 September 2006

Maybe Angels; intersubjectivity and consciousness

Not sure about the rest of the article but this is a really helpful quote putting into a couple of sentences something I have been trying to say for a couple of years now.
Rupert Sheldrake:
I think that the reason we are conscious is because we are interconscious in relationship to other people. Consciousness is shared, and I don't think an individual human being, without language and without relationship with other people or any other thing, would be conscious. I think that consciousness has to be understood in relationship, not as a kind of isolated thing.

Rupert Sheldrake: Maybe Angels:
Filed in: , , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...