09 December 2006

De-motorize your soul - demotion digest

I've not come across this site before, but I suspect that I will be visiting again. In the meantime let me commend this to you.
"These spiritual exercises are designed to give your soul a break from motor mania and awaken the nascent spirit of the post-oil era.
* Take your soul off the road - go without motorized transportation for a day or more a week.
* Remain earthbound - no flying for a year.
* Take the hundred mile holiday - vacation no further than 100 miles from your home.
* Share a car among households.
* Bike as though you were riding the road to heaven - human energy is the alternative energy.
* Each time you walk out your front door pray: 'Grant me the grace to go slow.'
* Ply your imagination. Come up with your own experiments."

tag: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...