19 December 2006

Jews attacked 4 times more than Muslims

I find this very interesting and I am very surprised because I would have thought it would have been the other way round. At least in the UK nowadays.
One in 400 Jews, compared with one in 1,700 Muslims, are likely to be victims of faith-related hate attacks every year. The figure is based on data collected over three months in police areas accounting for half the Muslim and Jewish populations of England and Wales. The crimes range from assault and verbal abuse to criminal damage at places of worship.

And I must admit, given that anti-Jewish crimes seem to be the highest they've been for a generation, that I have to wonder how far the polemic of certain Muslim extremist groups has to contribute [in addition to the 'run of the mill' white supremicist idiocy], especially when we read of this attack on a rabbi and some of his friends,
Seven Asian teenagers followed them down the road shouting “Yehudi,” which means Jew in Arabic and Urdu. One of them shouted, “We are Pakistani, you are Jewish. We are going to kill you,” before punching Mr. Chapper in the face and hitting one of his friends over the head with a bottle.


And my saying that should not be construed as support of Israeli policy and enforcement of policy in Palestine...

Jews attacked 4 times more than Muslims, police say : Religion News Blog: Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...