20 December 2006

Plutofy? An ideasplurge tool?

This is a bit of fun to play with; "plutofying" is to demote or remove something from membership. Here's some examples of the idea
# What if we Plutofied the letter "C" from the Roman alphabet? "S" and "K" can do the job just as well. And 25 letters can be neatly arranged into a nifty 5 x 5 matrix
...
# Think of how the New Testament would change if the Gospel of Luke were Plutofied.


The idea of doing this is to get you thinking 'otherwise'. Actually, I don't think we should plutofy 'C', we should use it for 'ch' and while we're at it bring back 'thorn' for the 'th' sound, then move on to the vowels: six symbols hardly does for the dozen or so English cardinal vowels ...
As for the Gospel of Luke. Interesting idea; how about adding Acts to the gospels and plutofying it from the epistles? Or putting both Luke and Acts into the epistles section? I once surprised an early morning congregation of trainee ministers and their tutors by announcing a reading "from the first letter of Luke to Theophilus" ... some of them took longer than I expected to 'get' it.
Of course, Martin Luther is moderately famous for wanting to plutofy the epistle of James, and is it the Orthodox who wanted to plutofy Revelation?

In educational circles at the mo it's fashionable to attempt to plutofy "brainstorming". The legend is that it is politically incorrect. I'm not convinced by that reason but I support it plutofication [you saw it here first, folks] because I think it is so undescriptive. On the quiet I'm campaigning for my own coined and minted term "ideasplurge" which does 'what it says on the tin': it's a splurge on ideas. I for one think it must be better than 'mindshower' which sounds either like something from the cold war or some homoerotic game ...

Creative Think: What Would You Like to Plutofy?
Filed in: , , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...