This is worrying because I suspect it is a kind of warm-up, 'proof of concept' thing, and as one commentator said, "it would be difficult to prove the Russian state's responsibility, and that the Kremlin could inflict much more serious cyber-damage if it chose to."
The more serious things would be disprupting IT controls relating to communications, water, power ... just think if orders can't be made for food, or your power is arbitrarily off and on ... This is the shape of things to come, I fear.
PS. This Wired interview-article has helpful perspectives germane to the whole cyber war thing.
Russia accused of unleashing cyberwar to disable Estonia | Russia | Guardian Unlimited:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment