17 May 2007

Sounds like DNA

ScienceDaily: Molecular Biologists Convert Protein Sequences Into Classical Music
"Every protein will have its unique auditory signature because every protein has a unique sequence. You can hear the sequence of the protein."
"We assigned a chord to each amino acid," said Rie Takahashi, a UCLA research assistant and an award-winning, classically trained piano player. "We want to see if we can hear patterns within the music, as opposed to looking at the letters of an amino acid or protein sequence. We can listen to a protein, as opposed to just looking at it."

I like the idea, but it's not as new as you might think. It has been done before in that the Shamen -I think it was- used the molecular structure of Ecstacy/MDMA to compose a track (I hope I've got that right).

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...