"'counterfactual thinking,' or the re-imagining of major historical events, with the variables slightly tweaked."
Interestingly enough, it's this kind of fiction that has made me more interested in real history. But on the basis of this article, I'm thinking that the computer game might be really interesting. Of course, such a game is only as good as the parameters fed in at the start: gigo is still the rule.
Why a Famous Counterfactual Historian Loves Making History With Games: MAKING HISTORY®: The Calm & the Storm is a true grand strategy game that puts players in control of global conflict,
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment