"According to the researchers, yoga has shown promise in improving symptoms associated with depression, anxiety and epilepsy. 'Our findings clearly demonstrate that in experienced yoga practitioners, brain GABA levels increase after a session of yoga,'"
What we need now, of course, is an explanatory hypothesis. I suspect that endorphins are involved. Culturally, this plays into the 'spiritual practice is good for you' thing and links to wholistic mind-body-spirit perspectives very readily. As Christians, again, we should note this, promote the more 'hebraic' anti-gnostic perspectives within the DNA of the Church and make positive links to body prayer. This is about plausibility as well as building potential ways-in for enquirers.
ScienceDaily: Yoga Is A Possible Treatment For Depression:
Nous like scouse or French -oui? We wee whee all the way ... to mind us a bunch of thunks. Too much information? How could that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A review of Common Threads
Most of my Christian life, I've been what is usually labelled "an inclusivist". Lately I've been re-examining what that ...
-
Interesting insight into the Muslim world: my favourite progresive muslim site has been hacked and attacked by islamists accusing those who ...
-
This is the normal package I've noticed being advertised: "It is expected that for a House-for-Duty appointment the priest will car...
-
This book is one that I now seriously consider recommending to the student Christian groups I'm in touch with whose basis is Evangelic...
No comments:
Post a Comment