10 July 2007

Jewish zen?

I enjoyed these, maybe you will too?
"If there is no self, whose arthritis is this?
_____

Be here now.
Be someplace else later.
Is that so complicated?
_____

Wherever you go, there you are.
Your luggage is another story.
_____

Accept misfortune as a blessing.
Do not wish for perfect health
Or a life without problems.
What would you talk about?"


I feel that it should be noted how they are all interogatively structured. Reminds me of the story of a rabbi who was asked why it was that Jewish people seemed to answer questions with other questions: "Why not?" was his reply.

Mindful Hack: Back at last!: Jewish zen?:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...