29 August 2007

The Ramadan -Jewish connection...

"Who would have guessed that the man responsible for the latest craze among Muslim youngsters would be an Orthodox Jewish grandfather from Manchester?"
Who indeed? And yet there it is: what's more is the inspiration is from the Christian Advent calendar. Practical interfaith dialogue if you ask me. I suspect that this kind of interfaith borrowing may become more prevalent. As will the backlashing remarks from purists condemning the 'non-kosher'/ haram/ unChristian origins of such things.

But a good idea is a good idea whatever the origin. And yet we will see the genetic fallacy rolled out a good many times, mark my words.
The Ramadan countdown starts here …:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...