18 September 2007

Musical Listening Test

Help research into human ability in hearing music. This study is being conducted by my former university at Newcastle and involves "listening to pairs of tunes and deciding whether they are the same or different. Once you have completed both tests you will receive your scores. "
While I got a high score, it wasn't perfect. There are some sequences which are harder to differentiate or 'similate' than others. I'm certainly interested to know the results. There seemed to me to be something about rhythm, something about tone, something about order and something about complexity involved. Short term memory for these things is part of it but memory is based on perception ...
Delosis - Musical Listening Test:

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...