08 September 2008

flood on the Tyne


A couple of days ago, this is how the Tyne river looked (click on picture for clearer image) as I walked the dog. The rain had just stopped after about 36hours pretty continuous precipitation some of it heavy. The river is normally at least 2 metres lower on the bank. Note all the debris and the colour of the river, and I can tell you it was moving way more swiftly than normal. We're due for more of the same again. The river was just getting back to normal this afternoon, too.
Global warming? Probably linked: warmer air hold more water, warmer climate means more energy in the weather systems so more turbulence...
flood on the Tyne 070908 - Free hosted at iimmgg.com I recommend these image hosters; courteous and prompt customer service for a free service.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...