07 September 2008

Greenbelt ... - Brian McLaren

I have some friends in the USA, some of whom when they hear about Greenbelt wonder why the USA doesn't have something like it. Well, that may be about to change: Greenbelt ... - Brian McLaren: "There's a rumor spreading that a 'faith-art-justice' festival in the spirit of Greenbelt is being planned for the US. As someone involved in the dreaming and planning for this, I can tell you that the rumor is true ... stay tuned."
Having spent time with Brian at Greenbelt and asked about this and heard him talking with USAmerican friends and acquaintances, I can also say that they are hoping to develop something for 2010 probably to happen in July and initially in the geographical centre of the USA, I think that it might be a place to which red slippers might take you... but that's all in negotiation at the moment. The rest of us: pray!

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Wonderful post.
Thank you so much for this exciting post and inspiring us the way you do with your blog.
Your blog is definately one of my favorites.
Keep up the great work you do with your blog.
You and your ministry is always in my thoughts and prayers.
I know God has great plans for your life.
Keep trusting Him in all things.
Hope you have a blessed week! :-)

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...