26 October 2008

Crofty is the new Bishop of Sheffield

Okay, this is old news now, but I've only just been able to get back to blogging after a few days otherwise engaged. Here's the fount of the news Fresh Expressions - home: "Fresh Expressions' Team Leader and Archbishops' Missioner, Steven Croft is to be the next Bishop of Sheffield."
I'm pleased, having worked with Steve in Halifax and having cause to be grateful for his intervention in a situation a few years ago which enabled my family not to be homeless (yes it was really that serious), I'm pleased that someone I have happily tipped for a bishopric has reached a position where his gifts may be able to effect good missional changes within the CofE. I pray that he will be able to make wise decisions and exercise inspiring leadership with continued integrity.

1 comment:

Dr Moose said...

Amen to that!

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...