03 November 2008

So, tell me again: why did the govt want ID cards?

This really does seem to be a whisker short of admitting that the project is doomed. I can't make promises about keeping your personal details safe, admits Brown in wake of latest data blunder | Mail Online: "Mr Brown said: 'It is important to recognise that we cannot promise that every single item of information will always be safe because mistakes are made by human beings. Mistakes are made in the transportation, if you like the communication of information.'

Given that money is in short supply from the public purse just now, I think that Gordy has just made the case for the idea that GBP4.5 billion ID cards scheme should now be scrapped.

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...