03 August 2009

Brian McLaren; evo bugbear, and yet ....

This is so intriguing, it's in BM's own blog, responding to a question: Q & R: Why do Evangelicals disli - Brian McLaren Part of his answer is both frustrating and shows a kind of duouble-think (I think): "I think of a chance meeting I had with one Evangelical leader. He looked at me somewhat askance after I introduced myself, and then said, 'Ah, McLaren. I don't like your work and I disagree with you on almost every point. But I hope you succeed ... because my sons are far from God and far from the church. They can't stand the kind of Christianity I represent, but they really like you. If they have a future in the church, it will be through people like you.'"
The rest of the posting is worth a look too. I say that, of course, because BM tends to articulate very well things that I have come to believe, often for similar reasons...

No comments:

Christian England? Maybe not...

I've just read an interesting blog article from Paul Kingsnorth . I've responded to it elsewhere with regard to its consideration of...