10 February 2010

The importance of co-operatives

After a brief history of the Co-op movement mainly in Leeds, there's this comment: "I hope Labour is serious about introducing support and encouragement for the co-operative movement. It could unleash a power for social change which I hope would be irreversible."
I too hope Labour would be serious about this: I fear it's a 'nothing-to-lose-so-what-the-heck?' partial rediscovery of its radicalism on the part of the Labour movement. Unfortunately probably, too little too late and probably looking too cynical.
The importance of co-operatives | Peter Lazenby | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk:

No comments:

Review: Undoing Conquest

 I'm doing a good bit of thinking lately about decolonisation and also about the Hebrew scriptures -among which is how to understand and...